If you’ve already started planning your trip to the ‘golden city’ of Dubai, we are sure that the anticipation is mounting as your travel date comes closer. You can’t wait to soak in the view from the top of the Burj Khalifa, or spend a night in the vast Arabian desert, or enjoy a relaxing swim at the Palm Jumeirah beaches. But before you can turn your fantasy into a reality, you will have to go through the process of obtaining a visa. Find out the best time to visit Dubai for all the places you want to visit and mark off your travel checklist.
Visa applications are generally considered to be tough and time consuming, but application processes have drastically changed in the past few years to provide you with a smooth and hassle free experience. All you need to make sure of is obtain the right documents and duly fill the forms and the rest is taken care of. If everything goes right, you will have your visa within four days of application and then you will be all set to have the vacation of your dreams! We have put together a nifty guide to answer all your questions when it comes to applying for Dubai tourist visa.
Also read: 9 Best Places to stay in Dubai
Different Types of UAE Visa
If you’re looking to visit Dubai, you will have to apply for a visa to the United Arab Emirates. Before embarking on the application process to obtain your visa to the UAE, it is important to know what types of visas are available and choose the one that is right for you. The type of visa to Dubai largely depends on the duration of stay for the traveller. Here are the types of visa that Dubai offers to its visitors:
Single Entry Visas
- 96 hours Visa: This type of visa is ideal for travellers who plan to spend less than four days in UAE. It is the preferred visa for travellers who are on short business trips or are landing in Dubai for a stopover en route an onward journey. The visa is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- 14 Day Visa: The short term single entry visa for service is non-extendable and is valid for 14 days from the date of issue.
- 30 Day Visa: The short term single entry visa for tourists is non-extendable and allows for a 30 day stay in Dubai. It is valid for 58 days from the date of issue.
- 90 Day Visa: This long term single entry visa allows for a 90 day stay in UAE. It is ideal for travellers on long term business trips or for travellers looking to visit family or spending a longer period of time in Dubai.
Multi Entry Visas
- Multi Entry Short Term Visa: This short term visa for Dubai allows a traveller multiple entries into UAE for a period of 30 days. It is valid for 58 days from the date of issue.
- Multi Entry Long Term Visa: This long term visa allows a traveller multiple entries into UAE for a period of 90 days.
Eligibility Criteria for Dubai Visa
There are various eligibility criteria to obtain a visa to visit the UAE. Compliance with any one of the following eligibility criteria is required for a UAE visa application.
If the applicant has travelled at least once in the past five years OR holds a valid visa for countries like USA, UK, Schengen countries, European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Canada, Switzerland and Japan, they would have to furnish a valid proof for the same in the form of travel records and passport records.
Applicants not qualifying through criterium I would have to prove that their income in the last two years exceeds INR 2 lakh per annum OR that they have investments in the form of fixed deposits exceeding INR 5 lakh in banks or post offices. The proof of the above can be submitted in the form of income tax returns, salary slips in the past six months, a copy of the PAN card or a copy of the fixed deposit receipt.
Invitation from an Immediate Family Member Residing in the UAE
For children below the age of 21 and adults above the age of 60 whose immediate family resides in the UAE, an invitation letter and a copy of the host’s valid residence visa must be submitted.
Documents Required for Visa
Apart from the specific documents mentioned above to fulfill the application criteria, the following documents are required to obtain a visa from the UAE:
- Visa application form duly filled and signed along with the applicants color photograph
- Original passport for verification (must be valid for at least six months before the date of travel) + photocopy of the first two pages, last two pages, observation page and valid travel records, if any.
- Onward and return confirmed ticket from Emirates – original + photocopy.
- Invitation letter from a host organization, if any.
- Confirmed hotel bookings and itinerary in case of a tourist trip.
How to Apply for UAE Visa
There are two modes of application for a UAE visa from India – online and offline. For an offline application, you would have to prepare all your documents and visit one of the UAE visa application centers in India. For an online application, you would have to visit www.emirates.com and submit the soft copies of all your documents for verification.
Points to Remember:
It is important to remember the following points while applying for your visa to the UAE
- Please note that online visa applications are only accepted in the case of an Emirates booking. You will not be able to avail the online visa process if you are flying with another carrier.
- The cost of short term tourist visas ranges from around INR 5800 to 6500 for a 14 day visa and INR 6100 to 7000 for a 30 day visa.
- If all documents are submitted correctly, it normally takes four days from application for the visa to be issued. It is advisable to apply for your visa at the earliest once your itinerary is confirmed.
- Online applicants can track the status of their visa application by going to the ‘Manage Bookings’ tab on www.emirates.com and selecting ‘Online visa application’, while offline applicants can do so here.
The visa application might look daunting, but all you have to do is make sure to get the necessary documents together before your travel. The rest is taken care of by the visa application office and you get your visa in no time! To know more and for help with planning your customized Dubai itinerary, get in touch with TripFactory!